Terms and Conditions of Use
By using GeniePad, condogenie.com, or *.condogenie.com web sites ("Service"), all services of Flame360 Consulting Inc., you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
Flame360 Consulting Inc. ("GeniePad", "we", "us" and terms of similar meaning) provides this web site (in these terms we call this site and any successor websites, and any software provided by GeniePad for use with the site, the "Site") to you subject to these terms and conditions of use (these "Terms") . Please read these Terms carefully before using the Site. By accessing or using the Site or by merely browsing the Site you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and all terms, policies and guidelines incorporated by reference in these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms in their entirety, you may not use the Site.
This Site is not intended to be used by children. You must be at least of the age of majority to use this Site.
In these Terms, our customers and their staff members to whom they give "staff" access to their GeniePad account are called "Subscribers", and our customers' customers who use the Site (for example, to post bulletins, news items, classifieds, etc) are called "Customers". In these Terms users of the Site, whether they are Subscribers, Customers, members of the GeniePad forum, people who post comments on the Site, or casual browsers of the Site, are called "Users".
GeniePad reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms, or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in its sole discretion. If you do not agree with the changes, you can cancel your account with us without further obligation, except for the amount due for the balance of the billing period in which you cancel your account (if your billing period is monthly, we will prorate your account to the nearest month-end after cancellation). Unless otherwise specified, any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and your continued use of the Site after such time will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. You should from time to time review the Terms and any policies and documents incorporated in them to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Site. The Terms will always show the "last updated" date at the top. If you do not agree to any amended Terms, you must stop using the Site. If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at support.
The services we provide through the Site are for your own use only. You may not resell, lease or provide them in any other way to anyone else.
2. Registration Data; Account SecurityIf you register for an account on the Site, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to GeniePad, and to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to GeniePad. You are responsible for all activity on your GeniePad account, and for all charges incurred by your GeniePad account.
3. Fees; Charges; TaxesFees and any other charges for the use of the Site are described on the Site. They may change from time to time. If we change them, we will give you at least 30 days' notice. If they do change, your continued use of the Site after the change indicates your agreement with the new fees and charges after the effective date of the change. Any change to fees and other charges will not be applicable to the billing period in which the change occurs. You are responsible for all taxes applicable to the fees in any applicable jurisdiction. When signing up, creating, or registering for an account and a coupon code, promotional code, or special offer is entered during registration, the owner of the account is responsible for keeping track of offer expiration. When a coupon code, promotional code, or special offer expired, accounts will be automatically billed or invoiced according to the current pricing plan.
4. Ownership, Copyright and TrademarksIn these Terms the content on the Site, including all information, data, logos, marks, designs, graphics, pictures, sound files, other files, and their selection and arrangement, is called "Content". Content provided by Users, whether they are Subscribers, Customers or other Users, is called "User Content". For example, data about its Customers that a Subscriber provides to the Site is User Content of that Subscriber, data about its payments that a Customer provides to the Site is User Content of that Customer, and Content that a User enters into the GeniePad forum or enters as a comment on the Site is User Content of the User. User Content is that User's property. GeniePad's only right to that User Content is the limited licenses to it granted in these Terms. Those licenses are described in Section 5 and Section 16 of these Terms. Other than the User Content, the Site, all Content and all software available on the Site or used to create and operate the Site is the property of GeniePad or its licensors, and is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws, and all rights to the Site, such Content and such software are expressly reserved. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by GeniePad. Your User Content is your responsibility. We have no responsibility or liability for it, or for any loss or damage your User Content may cause to other people. Although we have no obligation to do so, we have the absolute discretion to remove, screen or edit without notice any User Content posted or stored on the Site, and we may do this at any time and for any reason. You are solely responsible for maintaining copies of and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site.
5. Your Limited License of Your User Content to GeniePadWe do not claim any ownership interest in your User Content, but we do need the right to use your User Content to the extent necessary to operate the Site, and provide the services provided by the Site, now and in the future. For example, if you leave comments on the Site or posts on the GeniePad forum, we need your license to display that User Content on the Site, and we need the right to sublicense that User Content to our other Users so that they can view that User Content. Therefore, by posting or distributing User Content to or through the Site, you (a) grant GeniePad and its affiliates and subsidiaries a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable right to use, display, perform, reproduce, distribute, publish, modify, adapt, translate, and create derivative works from such User Content on the Site, in the manner in and for the purposes for which the Site from time to time uses such User Content; (b) represent and warrant that (i) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute that User Content, to or through the Site; and (ii) the use and posting or other transmission of such User Content does not violate these Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. If your User Content is intended for the use of other Users, you also grant us and our affiliates and subsidiaries a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable right to sublicense such User Content to such Users for their use in connection with their use of the Site, as described in Section 5 of these Terms. These licenses from you are non-exclusive because you have the right to use your User Content elsewhere. They are royalty-free because we are not required to pay you for the use of your User Content on the Site. And they are transferable because we need the right to transfer these licenses to any successor operator of the Site. Our rights to "modify, adapt, translate, and create derivative works from" are necessary because the normal operation of the Site does this to your User Content when it processes it for use in the Site.
6. Our Limited License of Content to YouGeniePad grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license to access the Site and to view, copy and print the portions of the Content available to you on the Site. Such license is subject to these Terms, and specifically conditioned upon the following: (i) you may only view, copy and print such portions of the Content for your own use; (ii) you may not modify or otherwise make derivative works of the Site or the Content, or reproduce, distribute or display the Site or any Content (except for page cacheing) except as expressly permitted in these Terms; (iii) you may not remove or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in the Content; (iv) you may not use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; and (v) you may not use the Site or the Content other than for its intended purpose. Except as expressly permitted above, any use of any portion of the Content without the prior written permission of its owner is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted in this Section, this Agreement and your account with us. Any such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms may be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. The license in this Section is revocable by GeniePad at any time. You represent and warrant that your use of the Site and the Content will be consistent with this license and will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract or legal duty to any other parties, or violate any applicable law. To request permission for uses of Content not included in this license, you may contact GeniePad at the address set out at the bottom of these Terms.
7. Use of Interactive Areas and the SiteThe Site may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post reviews or other content, messages, materials or other items on the Site ("Interactive Areas"). If GeniePad provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. User Content submitted to any public area of the Site will be considered non-confidential. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or other material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and credit card numbers, unless that third party has expressly consented to such use;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted; or
- Content that, in the sole judgment of GeniePad, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Site, or which may expose GeniePad or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Finally, GeniePad has a "zero-tolerance" policy towards SPAM: you may not use the Interactive Areas or the Site generally to send commercial or other messages to any third-party if those messages are not solicited, authorized or welcomed by the third-party, and in your use of the Site you must comply with all applicable laws, including laws that apply in any jurisdiction to SPAM and marketing practices, and with any applicable marketing association guidelines on ethical marketing practices. Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or the Site.